the jimmymac attack!

This is a collection of assorted observations from my travels and experiences. Many of the posts refer to life in Taiwan where I spent a year living and working. And many others are about my own country, Canada.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

My pee glows in the dark

In a homeless shelter in Vancouver the light in the restroom is a black light. This kind of light bulb emits a blue glow. They're not very good for actually seeing what you're doing. That is why they are used there. The idea is drug addicts cannot see their veins and so cannot shoot up drugs in the restroom. Some night clubs use them also because of the special effects they create. So when I went in to use the facilities I found out something new. While peeing in the urinal I found out that my urine glows in the dark too. Some things done to deal with the drug addicts and homeless problem are funny they are so strange. Another example of this in Vancouver is the garbage. In most buildings downtown the garbage is locked up. A lot of money is spent on trying to cope with the drug and homeless problem rather than trying to actually help the people suffering.



<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   November 2006   December 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?