the jimmymac attack!

This is a collection of assorted observations from my travels and experiences. Many of the posts refer to life in Taiwan where I spent a year living and working. And many others are about my own country, Canada.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

7-Eleven

There are about a million 7-Eleven stores in Taipei. Well, I exaggerate but there are a lot. I know one spot near the Taipei train station where you can stand and see four 7-Elevens. And then there are more 7-Elevens in the station that you cannot see from the street. I think there are 4 in the station. And 7-Eleven is great! I have been to one every day for the past year. Why are they great? Because they scan everything you buy with a wand scanner. I never have to talk to anyone. They scan your item with the wand and the price is shown on the cash register. It is so fast and easy. And the staff is trained to serve you as quickly as possible so purchases often take just seconds. To me this is brilliant. No small talk. No fawning over you to pretend they care about you. No awkward shifting and stuttering to try to speak English or stuttering and stammering by me trying to speak Chinese. Just a simple transaction! I want to buy, they want to sell - it is as simple as that. And everybody is happy! 7-Eleven is brilliant!



<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   November 2006   December 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?